On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Francis E Reyes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Single isomorphous replacement with anomalous scattering uses two datasets that are isomorphous while using the anomalous signal in one (here scattering and dispersion are synonymous?). How does SIRAS use the anomalous scattering signal that's different than a single wavelength anomalous dispersion ?

I'll leave the answering of questions to the experts, but there's an excellent review from one of the CCP4 study weekends a few years ago that summarizes most of these methods (and should answer at least the first question):

http://journals.iucr.org/d/issues/2003/11/00/ba5050/index.html

I found the comparison of Harker diagrams very helpful.