Hi,

182kDa is large I'd say, but not too large for crystallisation.

Since you are using a Ni-column anyway you could re-clone it with a
His-tag that is cleavable by an enzyme (TeV, FactorX,... - I am a little
out of date about which enzyme is the most favoured on nowadays).

This would add one extra purification step, one with and an withouth
His-tag. Since these are complementary, this ought to yield already pretty
pure protein.

What buffer did you choose for the Gel filtration - did you have enough
salt to reduce interaction with the column? And what exactly do you mean
with 'interacts' - does the protein not elute at all? Same question holds
for the Ion exchange, what was the gradient you drove?

A "polishing" GF-step at the end of purification is definitely something
you want aim at.

Tim

--
Tim Gruene