Hi,

Servers to check for rare codons definitely do exist.

http://genomes.urv.es/OPTIMIZER/
http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/~sumchan/caltor.html

and several others

As to comparing Rosetta and Codon+ - your best bet here is just to dig up
product literature from the manufacturers.

Rosetta uses pRARE: AGG, AGA, AUA, CUA, CCC, GGA
Codonplus
BL21-CodonPlus(DE3)-RIPL strain argU (AGA, AGG), ileY (AUA) , proL (CCC),
leuW (CUA)
BL21-CodonPlus-RIL strain argU (AGA, AGG), ileY (AUA), leuW (CUA)
BL21-CodonPlus(DE3)-RIL strain argU (AGA, AGG), ileY (AUA), leuW (CUA)
BL21-CodonPlus(DE3)-RIL-X strain argU (AGA, AGG), ileY (AUA), leuW (CUA)
BL21-CodonPlus-RP strain argU (AGA, AGG), proL (CCC)
BL21-CodonPlus(DE3)-RP strain argU (AGA, AGG), proL (CCC)
BL21-CodonPlus(DE3)-RP-X strain argU (AGA, AGG), proL (CCC)

Artem