I agree with Pavel and would add that we have frequently found that
collecting low resolution data on a home source and then merging it
with the higher resolution synchrotron data collected subsequently
from the same crystal can work wonders. The home source data tend
to be missing fewer reflections (especially if the home system has
a kappa or three-circle goniometer) and may well be measured more
precisely at low resolution, as well as suffering much less from
radiation damage.

George

Prof. George M. Sheldrick FRS
Dept. Structural Chemistry,