Or, we don’t document

Last nite a most interesting mash-up, for want of a better word, organised through social networking technology which brought together a group of people some of whom knew one another, in the studio of a small dutch development oriented ngo in London.

There were about 20 people at various stages, and it is the sort of meeting which idf and bcs-devel aspired to organise over a long, twenty five year, period of time.

There does appear to be a new generation, post WSIS of activists with a third world and technology orientation which the professional societies I suspect have no chance of addressing, given the attitude stack.

The revealing remark was the “we don’t document”

Which means I’m going to have to write an history of this one and put somewhere when these people pop up again.

But it has to be done in a knowledge sharing and information management thread way, which is a knew stack.

People doing development work with technology need to be aware though I think that the social networking technologies are actually communicating in some sense effectively.  I spoke to about 65 new MSc students here at KU last week on research methods, they were almost entirely from so called third world countries, though I will call it international development, for I think third world is in some sense a dead concept, and almost all of them had been recruited as a consequence of the Internet, which is a new shift.

The role of the mobile device and interaction design for that sort of tool seems to be the feature which attracts a large number of participants, so the concepts of information management, knowledge sharing, social networking, interaction design and mobile communication is the new information systems.

Build the nologo.

Security System.