Looking for some info (not on this) in my notes on the weekly journal West Africa, I found this:

2 June 1945 In response to a question in Parliament re the numbers conscripted for the labour force: ‘permitted only for purposes essential for the conduct of the war or the maintenance of life of the community… in Kenya, 26,032 till end-Nov. 1944); 26,256 in Tanganyika till end-Dec. 1944; permission to recruit 1000 for food production in Nth. Rhodesia’.

1 Dec.1945  82st and 82nd West African Divisions fighting in Burma – Africans have won 8 DCMs; 74 Military Medals; 134 Mentions in Despatches and 22 Certificates of Gallantry.

West African Review Jan. 1946, p.13: Numbers Killed + Missing + Wounded  in Burma campaign:

Nigeria: 563 + 95 + 1737

Gold Coast: 337 + 44 + 998

Sierra Leone: 51 + 20 + 159

Gambia: 47 + 26 + 161