[with apologies for cross-posting]

**   Collections of the Month: Charles Darwin and Evolution  **

This month we celebrate the 200th anniversary of the birth of the geologist and naturalist Charles Darwin, and the 150th anniversary of the publication of his revolutionary book 'On the Origin of Species', which explained his theory of natural selection and evolution. We highlight descriptions for the papers of Charles Darwin and fellow scientists, and also for the papers of interested philosophers and clergymen.
<http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/feb09.shtml>

* Intwine, a subject guide to Collections of the Month <http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/intwine/> *

**   Latest additions   **

New contributor:  the Museum of London Library.
Additional descriptions from om the Modern Records Centre, University of Warwick, the National Fairground Archive, the National Co-operative Archive, Glasgow University Archive Services, and The Women's Library.
<http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/inst/>

These include the women's suffrage collection of historian David Mitchell (born 1924); the register of srikers in the 1888 Bryant & May Matchmakers' Strike; the papers of magician Hamilton Kaye (1921-2006); the collection of 1950s advertising artwork of James Vincent Glover; records of the Glasgow University alumni society, Aberdeen; and the papers of journalist Nan Berger (1914-1998).
<http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/news/>

* Latest Additions newsfeed <http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/blog_latest/atom.xml> *

* There is an interactive map showing the locations of all our contributors and providing links to the contributors' pages. <http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/inst/contmap.shtml> *

**  Training for contributors - and potential contributors  **

We are offering Archives Hub workshops in three locations: Glasgow, March 26th; London, April 21st; Manchester, April 23rd.

We have developed a new and improved EAD data creation template. It is incredibly user-friendly and has useful enhanced features. You will be able to load your records into the template and edit them. The new template enables easy linking to digital objects such as images, and we will demonstrate a whole host of additional benefits to the new system.
<http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/arch/training.shtml>

**  Publication: What are Archives?  **

Jane Stevenson and Paddy Collis have each contributed to a new book from Ashgate 'What are Archives?
Cultural and Theoretical Perspectives: a reader', edited by Louise Craven of The National Archives.
<http://tinyurl.com/6n6sta>

Paddy

Paddy Collis, Archives Hub Data Editor

http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/