This advert will also appear in ARC Recruitment.

Helping the City make history...a Council to be proud of.

City of York Council, Learning, Culture and Children's Services
£31,520 - £36,700 pa, Full Time
Ref: L446

York Archives and Local Studies service's vision is to make an exciting
contribution to the life of "a city making history". Telling the story of the
people of York, enriching lives in all sorts of ways.

We want the collections to be a source of learning, interest, inspiration, and
fun for all sections of the community.

We wish to recruit an Archives Development Manager to be responsible,
reporting to the Head of Libraries and Heritage, for transforming the existing
archive and local studies services into one service fit for the 21st century.
You will have proven leadership and project management skills as well as
experience of external funding bids. You will also be able to demonstrate
experience of leading change and partnership working.

To achieve this you will be expected to demonstrate a creative approach to
innovation and a sound knowledge of the core legal and regulatory issues
which affect the operation of a local government archives and local history
service and public access to information held by the service. A professional
(graduate/postgraduate) qualification in archives administration or librarianship
is required.

For further information or an informal discussion please contact Fiona Williams,
Head of Libraries and Heritage on (01904) 553316 or e-mail:

For an application pack and further details please contact our 24hr recruitment
line on (01904) 554262 or e-mail: [log in to unmask] quoting
reference number.

Closing date: Noon on 16th March 2009.

We are striving for diversity in the Council. We welcome and appreciate
applications from all sections of the community. Job Share applications
considered. We promote a smoke free working environment.

Beacon Council