This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. --------------- Message

-----Original Message-----
From: Emma Varnam [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 22 January 2009 16:32
Subject: NW Fed Meeting information

Dear All,

Please see attached information about our next meeting on 12th March 2009.

Outside the Box – Heritage work with Communities and other Agencies

In these times of the Corporate Area Assessment for Local Authorities and the need to ensure that communities feel engaged with our facilities, we need to find more and more ways to give access to our collections to our local community. Plus there is such a wealth of heritage, experience and enthusiasm on our doorstep. This meeting will enable delegates to hear good practice and lessons learned from regional projects.

Plus if you have not seen the newly refurbished Victoria Galleries – they are worth a visit in themselves. Take a day out of the workplace and refresh the senses.

Best wishes

Emma

Emma Varnam - Museums Manager

Community Services

Tameside Museums and Galleries Service

Portland Basin Museum

Portland Place, Ashton-under-Lyne

OL6 0QA

Tel:0161 3432878 Fax: 0161 3432869

Confidentiality: This e-mail its contents and any attachments are intended only for the above named. As this e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information, if you are not, or suspect that you are not the above named or the person responsible for delivering the message to the above named, delete or destroy the email and any attachments immediately. The contents of this e-mail may not be disclosed to nor used by anyone other than the above named.

Security and Viruses: please note that we cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.

Monitoring: The Council undertakes monitoring of both incoming and outgoing e-mails. You should therefore be aware that if you send an e-mail to a person within the Council it may be subject to any monitoring deemed necessary by the organisation from time to time. The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those of the Council.

Access: As a public body, the Council may be required to disclose this e-mail (or any response to it) under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, unless the information in it is covered by one of the exemptions in the Act.

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST