From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">adam heinrich
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 10:44 PM
Subject: [ZOOARCH] preserved specimens

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has experience cleaning specimens that may be preserved in a mixture of ethylene glycol, phenol, formalin, and water.  I was wondering if this preservation could affect bone condition?  Also, if the specimens are boiled down to remove the soft tissue, could boiling the preserved specimen release toxic fumes?  Or would burial be a better method?  A well ventilated lab is a given.  Thanks, Adam Heinrich

"Old crow of wisdom did say ...people of Asa land, it's only just begun..." Bathory