Dear all, Happy New Year

It's been a long time since I have written on or even recieved emails from the forum, some of you may remember me?

Anyhow I email regarding two small books on Holy and Healing Wells of Essex and Hertfordshire.
These are based on my researches which I begun way back in the 90s and thought it was about time I got them published. I managed to update them as well so that they should be the most upto date information on the sites. They are records of the history as well as a usuable field guide to visiting the sites. This is the blurb that goes with them...

Holy Wells and Healing Springs of Essex 44 pages Colour cover 19 pictures and illustrations ISBN 978-0-9560442-0-4

This is a gazeteer to all the sites in the county including holy wells, spas, mineral waters and other folkloric waters. There are detailed descriptions of the history, present condition, legends and properties of each site as well as directions of how to find them in the book and a detailed inventory of other well names in the county.

Holy Wells and Healing Springs of Hertfordshire 31 pages Colour cover 13 pictures and illustrations ISBN 978-0-9560442-1-1

This is a gazeteer to all the sites in the county including holy wells, spas, mineral waters and other folkloric waters. There are detailed descriptions of the history, present condition, legends and properties of each site as well as directions of how to find them in the book and a detailed inventory of other well names in the county.

These is the first full record I feel of all the sites in both counties. They are very similar to the excellent works produced by James and hopefully just as worthy.

If you are interested in purchasing them I am selling them at £4.00 each + p&p ( 45p for one, 70p for two in UK)
If you want both I can sell them for £7.00 the pair.

If anyone is interested, drop me an email. You can pay via paypal (log in to PayPal and click on the “Send Money” tab) or old fashioned cheque. I may sell them through Amazon but I do have limited numbers of each volume. There will be further volumes to follow.

Hope you will find them all interesting and would welcome a review (now that Source/Living spring has gone is there a review system?)

All the best and I look forward to rejoining the forum with more vigour in the new year.

Ross Parish