Dave,

Thanks for this prompt - got me to look at the Bibliography tool.   I
use Word for Mac 2008 (yes, Microsoft is always a year behind for the
Mac) and it looks good.

The only point about a standard system is that it keeps tutors happy
(thinking that they are ...) and, more seriously, enabling
publishing.  But with self-publishing, grey publishing etc, perhaps
the only requirement is consistency?

All the best,

John

Professor John Konrad