The Transport Economists’ Group (TEG) invites you to:

TRANSPORT – LIFEBLOOD OF EVERY CITY?
What, really, is the relationship between transport and urban economies?

A Special Half-Day Seminar
1.30pm for 2pm
Friday, 6th March 2009

One Great George Street, London, SW1P 3AA
(The Institution of Civil Engineers Building)

The aim of the afternoon is to offer an opportunity for participants to consider
and debate the interactions between transport networks and city economies.
The afternoon will comprise a series of short presentations on the evidence to
support the identification of wider economic effects from transport and their
application to appraisal techniques.

The synopsis of the seminar is as follows:

Introduction by Professor Peter Mackie
(Research Professor, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds)

Transport, Cities and the Economy: what can we learn from History? by Dr Tim
Leunig
(Reader in Economic History, London School of Economics)

Productivity Effects of Transport Investment by Dr Dan Graham
(Principal Research Fellow, Imperial College London)

The Myth and Reality of Wider Economic Benefits from Transport: Where Do
We Stand 10 years on from SACTRA? by Professor Roger Vickerman
(Professor in Economics, University of Kent)

Wider Impacts in Transport Appraisal by Vicky Cadman
(Economic Adviser, Department for Transport)

Open Forum and Close
Opportunity for everyone attending to explore the issues raised by speakers,
address further questions and/or make additional observations.

The cost of the seminar is:

£30 - I am a member of the Transport Economists’ Group
£55 - I wish to become a member of the Transport Economists’ Group – Normal
subscription £25 per annum
£60 - I am not a member of TEG

For further information, a full conference brochure and details of registration
and payment please click here:
<http://www.transecongroup.org.uk/seminar.htm>

To make a booking please contact: [log in to unmask]