Craig, this is interesting, I'll get back to you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Therapeutic Communities
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Craig Fees
Sent: 27. januar 2009 23:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [EFTC] Potential UK members

I think if you consult your laywers, you'll find that the Archive and
Study Centre already holds the trademark to "therapeutic community"; and
also (among others) to "communauté thérapeutique" "therapeutische
gemeenschap", "comunità terapeutica", "comunidad terapéutica",
"therapeutische gemeinschaft", "??????????????? ??????", "comunidade
terapêutica", "/Terapeutická komunita", / "/S'wietlica
Socjoterapeutuczna", / " terapijska zajednica", their plurals and
variations, "milieu therapy" "planned environment therapy", and "group
therapy" generally, just for good measure. Have also got "intentional
community" and "progressive education". "We bought "therapeutic
community" from the estates of Harry Stack-Sullivan, Tom Main and Harold
Bridger - just to be sure (well, both the latter claimed coinage).
Having said which, we haven't succeeded with Chuck Dederich's estate in
relation to his claim; and it just seemed plain silly to buy up the
rights from Maxwell Jones and George Lyward (though early users of the
term to describe their work). Howard Jones deeded us his claim some time
ago. Richard Crocket, of course, has "psychotherapeutic community", so
we didn't even go there. Am exploring Harry Wilmer's stake. And a few
others.

We did a full financial analysis, and reckon the royalties will more
than offset the cost of the lawsuits. If anyone is using any of those
terms, by the way, and haven't yet bought a licence, please get in
touch. We accept credit cards.

Craig

Anthony Slater wrote:
> Rex, I have already got the trade mark, at least it's in the
> pipeline........sorry (addiction TC's EFTC etc)

here:

http://www.drinkanddrugsnews.com/magazine/9bc447645d9a4d55b7563573039ccf52.p