It nay be I thought their was general thread on home detox prior to admission to a TC and that the lack of such was hampering admissions

----- Original Message -----
From: Rowdy Yates [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 09/01/2009 20:05 GMT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [EFTC] Methadone residents study

Anthony

Apologies.  It was me I think that used SR as shorthand for senior residents. CPNs are community psychiatric nurses.  To be honest I still don't understand Stewart's contribution.  We were talking I thought, about detoxing TC residents in-house. I remarked that it was unfortunate that TCs should have to consider doing this themselves (although there may actually be benefits as Karen remarked) because the health services were not offering an adequate service.  I don't quite see how that led to CPNs holding stocks of methadone for people who are detoxing at home??

Rowdy Yates
Senior Research Fellow
Scottish Addiction Studies
Dept. of Applied Social Science