Hi,

I believe their main problem is the enormously lengthy procedure to
release an rpm in EGEE/LCG.

Said that I don't approve at all of this method as it globally screws up
sites that update quickly.
Now not only the bugged rpm needs to be downgraded by hand but also most
of the other rpms involved in the
upgrade are out of sync with the current repository and probably will
need manual dependencies fiddling.

cheers
alessandra