I've fixed numerous problems in MERS concerning STREAM handling
(MAKECUBE in verbose mode was breaking because the escape codes were
being stripped). I've also cleaned up this type of thing:

!! MSG_IFGET: Invalid message filtering level: ALLx
!  Application exit status MSG__INVIF, Invalid conditional message
filter
!     value.
!
!     dsfsdfsdfsdf/jcmtdata/raw/acsis/spectra/20081012/00048/
a20081012_00048_01
!     _0001.sdf pixsize=6 out=small autogrid outcat=xxx msg_filter=ALLx

to become this:

!! MSG_IFGET: Invalid message filtering level: ALLx
!  Application exit status MSG__INVIF, Invalid conditional message
filter
!     value.
!  dsfsdfsdfsdf/jcmtdata/raw/acsis/spectra/20081012/00048/
a20081012_00048_01_00
!     01.sdf pixsize=6 out=small autogrid outcat=xxx msg_filter=ALLx

the problem was caused by ems1Rform not treating "!  " as anything
special so it would split the line on "!" and the long word. I
modified MERS so that the "!  " is no longer included in the line that
is being formatted. This had the side effect of fixing msgFlusherr so
that it now does the right thing:

## Test flush via MSG
#  Line 2 of flush but this one has to be a bit longer so that we can
force a
#     word wrap and it should be output by MSG

Previously you got:

## Test flush via MSG
#  Line 2 of flush but this one has to be a bit longer so that we can
force a
word wrap and it should be output by MSG

it would be easy to make msgOutif have a little prefix of spaces when
word wrapping.

--
Tim Jenness
Joint Astronomy Centre