Thank you for your quick answers!

@Yasser.
I am sorry, but with this new version, it is the same.

The underlying image is the ouptut of native SPM5 segmentation (spm_segment), which as far as I am correct, is also used by ibaspm, right?

No, the input is not skullstripped.

@Marko
"an additional "cleanup" procedure that may be too aggressive on your data"
Yes, that is what I was looking for!
I tried with different HMRF values (0, 0.3, 0.45), but this does not change a lot.

@Steve
The normalisation is perfect, i.e. it matches exactly the one from native SPM.
I am sure that it must be something very simple I have so far overlooked, but what? ;-)

Thank you so much for your help!
Markus