Thank you for your quick answers!

@Yasser.
I am sorry, but with this new version, it is the same.

The underlying image is the ouptut of native SPM5 segmentation
(spm_segment), which as far as I am correct, is also used by ibaspm, right?

No, the input is not skullstripped.

@Marko

> "an additional "cleanup" procedure that may be too aggressive on your data"

Yes, that is what I was looking for!
I tried with different HMRF values (0, 0.3, 0.45), but this does not change
a lot.

@Steve
The normalisation is perfect, i.e. it matches exactly the one from native
SPM.
I am sure that it must be something very simple I have so far overlooked,
but what? ;-)

Thank you so much for your help!
Markus

2009/1/30 Marko Wilke <[log in to unmask]>

> Maybe the answer's in the title of the Bookstein paper  ;-)
>>

> ... but if the T1 seems perfectly registered ... ??? If, as I assume, the
> wT1 are the result of the same segmentation procedure, this argues against
> normalization having gone awry. Is there (I do not know IBASPM well enough)
> an additional "cleanup" procedure that may be too aggressive on your data?
>
> Best,
> Marko
>
> --
> Marko Wilke                                            (Dr.med./M.D.)
>
> Universitäts-Kinderklinik              University Children's Hospital
> Abt. III (Neuropädiatrie)             Dept. III (Pediatric neurology)
>            Hoppe-Seyler-Str. 1, D - 72076 Tübingen
> Tel.: (+49) 07071 29-83416                   Fax: (+49) 07071 29-5473

Dr. med. Markus Gschwind, M.D.
Laboratory for Neurology and Imaging of Cognition
Dept of Neurosciences
University Medical Center (CMU)
1 Michel-Servet - 1211 GENEVA - CH

Tel 0041 (0) 22 379 5324