Dear Camille,

there is one likely explanation for the increase of the number of
significant voxels in an ANOVA with multiple conditions compared to a
series of one-sample t-test: the ANOVA model has much higher degrees of
freedom (if I'm right there should be 27 for 10 subjects and 4
conditions) than the one-sample t-test (9).
There are other differences between the two models as well: in a
one-sample t-test the only source of variance is between-subject,
whereas in the ANOVA model there is both between-subject and
within-subject variance.
To compare 2 conditions, one could even model differences between
conditions on the 1st level and take the resulting con images to the 2nd
level. (This holds for any t-contrast that can be computed on 1st
level.)
There is a lot more to say about the implications of different models on
the results, but as a rule of thumb you should only include those
conditions in your 2nd level that you are using in your contrasts.

Volkmar

--
Volkmar Glauche
-