As far as I know, BOTH data sets are prospectively motion corrected, but
the second set also has a retrospective motion correction, to account for
the motion between n and n-2, which also
results in some blurring of the images.
You can turn off the entire motion correction on the scanner, if you do
not like it. (At least thats the way it is on our Allegra)
Best,
Peter

PE > >  I have two sets of EPI data from the Siemens 3T machine, one with the
PE > > online motion conrraction  and another without. Is there anyone could
PE > > tell me which one is better for the analysis in SPM5?
PE >
PE > Actually, you may be the one as you now have the means to compare them :)
PE > But seriously, there are argument in favor and against online motion
PE > correction. What I did not like about it when I last looked was that it
PE > uses the x-2 frame to correct x, that it may not be as accurate as an
PE > offline procedure, and that the parameters are not routinely written out so
PE > it is a bit of a black box. This last bit can be mended as far as I
PE > remember, and the rest is up for grabs. I also wouldn't be surprised to
PE > find papers on that (sponsored by Siemens? :) So why don't you try both and
PE > check?