How very sorry I am to learn of the late sufferings and final passing of
Kent Hieatt!  I knew him for so long I can't remember when we first met,
but I owe him a tremendous debt; the piece I wrote in the Spenser
Encyclopedia on Amoretti and Epithalamion -- and indeed much else --
would not have been possible without his imaginative work.
Ground-breaking is hardly the word for it -- imagination is what he had,
and tough scholarship to go with it. And such a collaborator with
others! A very great loss. Germaine

Germaine Warkentin // English (Emeritus)
VC 205, Victoria College (University of Toronto),
73 Queen's Park Crescent East, Toronto, Ont. M5S 1K7, CANADA

"The primary rule of intellectual life: when puzzled, it never hurts to read the primary documents" (Stephen Jay Gould)