Dear Alan (and all), Many thanks for your response to my writings on pages
28-29 of the Open Dialogue section of the BERA publication, Research
Intelligence, No. 105. The issue has gone live this week on the BERA website at
http://www.bera.ac.uk/blog/category/publications/ri/ . From this website you
can access Pip's contribution in No. 102 that started the conversation on
the epistemological transformation in educational knowledge, my response in
103, Moira's and Je Kan's responses in 104 and my latest response in 105.

Brian - I know you are interested in the comprehensibility of the language
of inclusionality and this coming Monday evening the conversation in the
Senior Common Room at the University of Bath is focused on the question
'What does it mean to include humour and vulnerability, in flows of
life-circulating energy, into our educational practices and educational
theories?'

The details for this coming Monday evening's SCR educational conversation
can be accessed from:  http://www.bath.ac.uk/internal/scr/scr-news.html

The details include access to a keynote symposium proposal, for BERA 09 this
coming September in Manchester. The proposal continues an exploration of the
implications of Alan's ideas/theory of inclusionality for educational
research and theory generation. On Monday evening I'm hoping to explore with
Alan ways in which the ideas in the keynote symposium proposal (with Jean,
Marie and Jane and with Maggie as the proposed Chair) could help to evaluate
the validity of inclusionality in the process of seeking to spread the
influence of the ideas. (In other words travelling with the hope that the
ideas are valid but being open to evidence that shows they could be
mistaken!). Jean has submitted a symposium proposal for the BERA 09
conference with colleagues from York St. John University with a focus on
"Institutional research: How do we influence processes of epistemological
transformation through the creation of academic practitioners’ living
educational theories of practice?" . Jean is now working as a Professor of
Educational Research at York St. John University. Congratulations to Jean on
her appointment.

In relation to Monday evening's conversation if any participants in the
e-seminar has integrated representations of flows of life-circulating energy
in their explanations of educational influence do please let me know before
the conversation so that I can include them.

I'll be booking this coming week for the Conference on 'A Creative Approach
to Teacher's Education' in Požega, Croatia, in September 2009 - see
http://ejolts.net/conference. I'm hoping to see as many as possible from the
e-seminar at the conference.

Love Jack.