Glad to be of help, Andrew!  I don't recall the poem you mention about the
old man, but do think some Neighbourhood poems would be terrific.  A major
reason, for me anyway, that the poem is frightening is that it forces me to
see how I and others revert to habit, to avoid seeing the people or problems
facing us.  Your poem confronts us with our habits, makes us deal with their
causes.
Best with this and your other projects,

Judy