Andrew, your theme's hilarious and then frightening---and needs more power;
that is, an intensification, single focus that might come from severe
compression.  Just a suggestion:  Take yourself out of the poem, and take
out the descriptions unless [very cryptic] of the speakers.  My guess is
that along the way you'll recall new descriptors, as well [whether of folks
from that experience or others].  Have fun, Andrew; it's well worth the
play.
Best,

Judy