Sounds fairly convincing, Dom.  My knowledge of the situation's not as deep
as yours and Mark's.  Just now wondering if the partitions in any places of
the world since WWI have been workable and helpful to the folk partitioned
from one another, and usually, I think, from so many folk who are
culturally/languagely closest to them.  Was there an alternative in these
instances? Did the people partitioned have any opp to voice their opinions
with authority?  Could that have been effected in those instant cases?
Best, Judy