Me off-topic, Dave, but relating to your summer night and thunderstorm---and
being born in B'Ham.  Here's the url for a NYT article on a Yale U exhibit
of many works of David Cox, marvelously talented w/c and oil painter, born
in Birmingham England in 1873:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/27/arts/design/27cox.html

The exhibition, which just closed in New Haven, will travel to the
Birmingham Museums and Gallery where it will be on view from January 31 to
May 3, 2009.

Best,

Judy