Hi Ali

We use TII through Blackboard, but I am guessing my answers should still apply:

1) The student had already uploaded a paper to the December dealine assignment and I assume the papers would already have had their originalty reports re-run and have been committed to the student database (post date had also passed a few days after the assignment deadline).  If this had all happened, shouldn't TII have prevented her uploading another version of a paper to the December assignment once the deadline had passed in the first place?  Is there a bug here?

>If late and multiple submissions were allowed then students can post past the deadline as happened here.

2) If I delete an assignment that's already been committed to the database of student papers, will the paper be completely deleted from the database or, more simply, will the link between the TII Assignment and the database be severed, leaving the paper in the database?

>papers are never deleted from the database, the link is broken.

3)If I delete the paper that was wrongly submitted to the December assignment and the student re-uploads her original paper, will she get a false positive matching this 'new' paper to her original submission as it's still in the database somewhere?

>duplicate submissions used to happened frequently so the system was updated to rule out exact duplicate submissions by a student, however, this doesn't always work (as you've seen). You will still get a match if another paper is uploaded. However, you can remove these duplicates from the source list and get a new originality report by choosing the option 'view courses one at a time' from the drop down list on the OR. Then remove the student's own paper(s) from the search by ticking in the little box to the top right of the listed source. The OR will refresh and ignore the matches to the duplicate papers.

Jo

Dr. Jo Badge
Web Resources Development Officer
School of Biological Sciences