Stephen Williams asked:
> My institution has adopted SafeAssign as its plagiarism detection
> software. Does anybody know of any published comparisons between
> this piece of free (to Blackboard users) software and Turnitin please?

Happy New Year! Can I play Devil's Advocate a bit and ask your
reasoning?  Presumably your institution has made this decision
primarily on cost grounds. In which case any comparison is futile, as
TurnitinUk is no longer free; and never was really because it was
funded by JISC. My own pretty anecdotal view is you get what you pay
for - including the training and support - or in your case, maybe you
don't. Your comment "free (to Blackboard users)" is indicative. What
might me really useful to fellow list subscribers would be an account
by you of your experiences with this bolt on option to Blackboard, as
Service ( a deliberate emphasis on the S) is what is critical for you,
beyond any technical comparison with other detection packages.

Mike