dear all who have responded with your thoughts and advice on the washable keyboard question. Thanks for taking the time - your advice does mirror my own thoughts so its good to know that I'm with the majority.
I shall now be able to present my advice - as Frank says 'its simple really'
regards Norma

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:14:36 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] washable keyboard
To: [log in to unmask]

I have been known to wash my keyboard in warm soapy water and dry it in the airing cupboard and so long as it is fully dry there should not be any problems, well there have not been to date.  A friend of mine in the USA puts his in the dish washer on a low temp and he is a computer expert, so he tells me.  Not a good solution for the work place so I would suggest:

1.  Good personal hygiene

2.  No eating at the work station

3.  Use of sprays/ wipes to clean keyboard on a daily basis

4.  Use of a contract cleaner who give the keybpard and screen an indepth clean.

That is so simple I feel like I have missed something.  No wait, it is simple!

Frank

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remove this footer before replying. OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

Are you a PC? Upload your PC story and show the world ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remove this footer before replying.

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net