Carr,

I appreciate what you are saying, but from my experience in the NHS there can be a culture of having 'duvet days', and I suspect the very generous sick pay scheme aids this choice.

My comments relate to the fact that a GP has, and continues to sign off a member of staff for what reason I am not sure. We have just learnt that evidence was sent to the GP 2 months ago to support a return to work (from the Consultant) and yet the employee remains off.

Surely this needs to be challenged? If not then what is the reason for me getting out of bed myself tomorrow morning at 6am? It will be Friday (POETS day) after all!!

regards

Glenn

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net