Dear List I sympathise with those awaiting Migration, and also with the University Lecturers who are being repeatedly asked to submit paperwork.And to be honest, I feel for the souls working in New Registrations, as I think the goalposts must be moving around a lot... The NMC does have a complaints procedure:
For the purposes of this procedure, a complaint is defined as a situation in which an external stakeholder (or ‘customer’) comments or complains about a service that they have received from the NMC and wishes to receive feedback on what action has been taken. It is very likely that the person will say that he or she wishes to make a complaint. If not, they may be invited by a member of staff to confirm if they wish to make a formal complaint.   http://www.nmc-uk.org/aArticle.aspx?ArticleID=3120   I have used it within the last two months about an issue, namely the health advice given on the notes accompanying the Good Health and Good Character forms. Although I did not get a rapid response acknowledging the complaint (as per the procedure ) the complaint was dealt with fairly rapidly. I suggest Alison tries that route.I think the critical issue is when did she submit the paper work from the HE Institute to the NMC.I submitted mine in October and I am still waiting.. Bear in mind a new head has taken over the NMC Jan 1st(?) so there may be some positive moves a foot. I am only thankful I do not need the registration on the 3rd part to apply for jobs etc....Cheers Diane
Get Windows Live Messenger on your Mobile
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000001ukm/direct/01/

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS:

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS