There is evidence around the social determinants of health and breast cancer - but it might not be helpful.  We did a systematic review of social determinants and cancer incidence for the Welsh Assembly.  The report is at:

http://new.wales.gov.uk/dphhp/publication/research/health-gain-targets/cancer/exec-summary-cancer-e.pdf?lang=en

There's also this paper which was not part of the Review, but may be relevant for you

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18990731?dopt=AbstractPlus

Best wishes

Dr Michael Shepherd
AWARD Senior Research Fellow
Cardiff Institute of Society, Health & Ethics
Cardiff University
53 Park Place
Cardiff CF10 3AT

+44 (0)29 2087 0098
www.awardresearch.org.uk
www.cardiff.ac.uk/socsi/cishe

>>> Pete Westmore <[log in to unmask]> 23/01/2009 16:55:17 >>>
Hi folks, if anyone has anything to hand or pointable to that evidences health inequalities (whether for BME groups or others) around breast screening I'd be very grateful, especially anything local (the usual journal/data trawls etc are being done and I even remembered to check the jiscmail archives!).

thanks

Pete

Pete Westmore
Health Inequalities Programme Manager
Public Health
NHS Westminster
15 Marylebone Road
London
NW1 5JD

020 7150 8153

Help Westminster become smokefree - call Westminster PCT's Stop Smoking Service on Freecall 0800 328 8537

This E-Mail may contain information which is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail or any part of it, please telephone Westminster Primary Care Trust immediately on receipt. You should not disclose the contents to any other person or take copies.