Dear List members,
    I have been hunting, in vain, on the internet for a reference to an article I recall reading perhaps c. 1990
(which is not to say it was published then, just  that it was in existence!) It was a response to Philippe Aries
book, "Centuries of childhood'  that discussed (and in fact provided statistics for) visits to shrines by parents
 with severely ill children. My recollection is that it may  have been by Bernard Bachrach plus another author,
but hunting through my school's databases has produced nothing. If it was published soon after Aries' book
(early 60s) it probably wouldn´t be available electronically. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Meg