Hi Ashley

I recently asked the person (Dave Cousins) who trained me in object
photography what he recommends as a reference guide.

He suggests: Photographing Arts, Crafts & Collectibles: Take Great Digital
Photos for Portfolios, Documentation, or Selling on the Web by Steve Meltzer
(Paperback - June 1, 2007)

I advise searching for it on bookbrain.co.uk to get the best price (about £10).

If it's helpful I have a basic guide to digital photography of objects and a set
of troubleshooting sheets that were developed for the National Trust but the
copyright holder is happy for me to pass a set onto you if they would help.

Just contact me off list if you would like a copy.

Regards

Rick

Digital Media Officer
Royal Albert Memorial Museum