If he is taking A2 this year, he will be doing the old specification. The paper includes a reading comprehension, translation and a researched-based essay of 500 - 1.000 words. The essay topic is chosen by the candidate and written out earlier. He needs to memorise it and write it out in the exam. Next year the specification is different.

New Practical Chinese Reader 3, 4, 5 are the best so far. A new A2 textbook for the new specification will be out soon, in time to the teaching the new syllabus.

Yan

________________________________

From: Lina Man [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 2009年1月15日 13:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPAM_KW] - A2 Chinese - Found word(s) free guaranteed in the HTML body

Dear all,

Can any recommend an decent A2 textbook for Edexcel, please? One Chinese boy at my school is finding A2 significantly harder than the AS.
Do Essay topic change for A2? Can they just prepare for a topic, knowing what they will be writing in the exam? We do not teach A-level Chinese. It's all new to me.

Many thanks.

Lina Man

Abingdon School: A company limited by guarantee Registered in England and Wales Company No. 3625063.

Registered Office: Stratton House Bath Street Abingdon OX14 3LA Registered Charity No. 1071298.

All information in this message and attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged.

Only intended recipients are authorised to use it.

E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure or error free and the sender does not accept liability for such errors or omissions.

The company will not accept any liability in respect of such communication that violates our e-mail policy.

This message contains confidential information solely for its intended recipient(s).   If you are not an intended recipient, please inform us immediately by email  to [log in to unmask]   If you are not an intended recipient you must delete this email, and all copies thereof, and may not forward it or otherwise disclose its contents to any third party.    For further information please visit us at www.cheltladiescollege.org.

The Cheltenham Ladies' College is incorporated by Royal Charter and is a Charity.  Registration No. 311722   Our address is  Bayshill Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire  GL50 3EP