----Original Message-----
From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Helen Dorricott
Sent: 19 January 2009 17:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Joining procedures for travellers, homeless people etc

Hello
We are trying to clarify our joining procedures with groups for whom
providing proof of address/ID is not straightforward.

It would be really helpful to know what others are doing particularly
regarding:

Do you require any kind of ID for travellers or homeless people?

If so, what ID is acceptable?

If no ID is required, are those customers restricted in what they can
borrow (by amounts or types of material etc)?

If ID is required and provided, presumably the customer then enjoys full
membership of the library?

Apologies if this is being revisited again.  I did search the Archives
but couldn't find anything very up to date.  I am happy to summarise

Kind regards
Helen Dorricott
Stock Manager
Gloucestershire Libraries & Information
email: [log in to unmask]

This email and any attached files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the person or entity to whom it is addressed. If you received this email in error you may not take action based on its contents, nor should you copy, print or show this to anyone; instead please reply to the sender and highlight the error, then delete the message from your system.

Please note that the content of e-mail sent and received may have to be disclosed by the Council in response to a request for access to information.

Sunderland is aiming to become the most liveable city in the UK.
Visit www.Sunderland.gov.uk  for Council services and information.
Business investors can access www.Investinsunderland.co.uk
Visitors to the City should log onto www.Visitsunderland.com