Hello,

Well, we did get a response from our publisher (using our subscription agent). Nine months after our subscription started, seven months after we first pointed out that we hadn’t received any issues, and a month after we asked for a refund of our subscription, the publisher very kindly (some of you may pick up on the sarcasm here !) offered to send us the entire collection of back issues that we were missing. Why it took them nine months to offer to send us missing issues, I’m not sure, but I’m wondering if the request for a refund had anything to do with it. We too have had to pay for ILLs for articles from this title, and of course, there has been no mention of refunding our costs there.

As the missing issues are now out of date, and as it took so long to get any sort of response from the publisher, I am repeating my request for our money back. We are still awaiting our refund for the cost of the subscription. The subscription agent has been very good, but the publisher has seemed to brush off our concerns and I don’t feel like a valued customer. I have cancelled the subscription now, although that doesn’t seem to have made a difference to the speed of their responses.

I’d feel even better if I could mention the publisher, but I’m hoping they’ll sort out the matter without having to be named and shamed.

Ann  Brew
 Library and Information Services Manager
 Cancer Research UK
 44  Lincoln's Inn Fields
 London WC2A 3PX

 Tel : 020 - 7269 2868