From: Richardson Ann J (NHSNW) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 29 January 2009 11:29
To: NHS Northwest All Staff
Cc: Lin Danher; Murphy Steve (NHSNW); Stuart Cathy (NHSNW); Grant Loren (NHSNW); Billington Charlotte (NHSNW); Swithenbank Claire (NHSNW); Joseph Chris (NHSNW); Pugh Rachel (NHSNW)
Subject: Wirral PCT is now NHS Wirral

Sent on behalf of Kathy Doran, Chief Executive. NHS Wirral:

Dear Colleague

I am writing to let you know that Wirral PCT will now publicly be known as NHS Wirral.

This is in line with Lord Darzi’s recommendations for the NHS under the “Next Stage review” published this summer, and recognises that the public are not always aware of the demarcations within the NHS and are primarily interested in seeing a high quality, integrated health service.

You may have noticed the NHS Wirral name beginning to appear already, and this will become more prevalent as we run old stocks of materials down before we switch to the new name – we are committed to introducing this change in the most cost-effective manner.

We remain legally a PCT and will still be referred to generically as a PCT within the Health Service, but the new name recognises the PCT’s role as local leader of the NHS.  So we will now be buliding on public goodwill towards the NHS which is inherent in the name NHS Wirral, and will continue to position ourselves at the forefront of continuous improvement and the provision of excellent health services to the people of Wirral.

On behalf of NHS Wirral I look forward to working with you in 2009 and beyond.

Regards

Lin

Linda Danher

Head of Communications

T:  0151 651 3908          (Internal Ext 1608)

NHS Wirral

St Catherine's

Church Road

Birkenhead

CH42 OLQ

www.wirral.nhs.uk

This  message  may  contain  confidential and  privileged  information.
If you  are not the  intended recipient  you should not  disclose, copy
or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance
on its contents.  To do so is strictly  prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please  inform  the  sender that  this  message has  gone astray before
deleting it.  Thank you.

2008 marks the 60th anniversary of the NHS.  It's an opportunity to pay
tribute to the NHS staff and volunteers who help shape the service, and
celebrate their achievements.

If you work for the NHS  and  would like  an NHSmail  email account, go
to: www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail