Hi Anna

You may find the prerequisite guide created by the FEIAMS project helpful as it goes through all the things you need to have in place in order to connect to a shibboleth IdP: http://feiams.kidderminster.ac.uk/uploads/Prerequisite%20Guide.pdf.  It assumes you are using the FEIAMS team for support, so please ignore all references to support from that team if you chose to do all the work in-house.

There is a case study from:

Ashton Sixth Form College here: http://feiams.kidderminster.ac.uk/uploads/Ashton_casestudy.pdf
Reid Kerr College here: http://www.reidkerr.ac.uk/fear/deliverables/case-study.htm
Kidderminster College here: http://www.jisc.ac.uk/media/documents/themes/accessmanagement/kcroloshibfe.pdf

These may be good starting points for you.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes

Nicole
---------------
JISC Executive
JISC London office
1st Floor, Brettenham House South
5 Lancaster Place
London WC2N 7EN

tel: +44 (0)20 3006 6035
mobile: +44 (0)7734 058308
fax: +44 (0)20 7240 5377

Anna Listwon wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite"> implementing Shibboleth

Hello,

My institution is considering implementing Shibboleth (perhaps this
summer) and I was just wondering if there are any FE/HE institutions
that could advise me in terms of the timescale, HR and budget-wise
requirements regarding switching to Shibboleth.

Any information much appreciated.

Best regards,

Anna Listwon

Newcastle College Library Services

Anything in this message which does not clearly relate to the official
work of the sender's organisation shall be understood as neither given
nor endorsed by that organisation.