Dear Colleague

JISC news December 2008
http://www.jisc.ac.uk/Home/whatwedo/themes/accessmanagement/federation/news/n
ewsdec08.aspx
This is the JISC Access Management Monthly Update for December including:
Service provider update
UK federation membership update
Shibboleth IdP v. 2.1.1 is now available
Evaluation of DAM and ARP tools by the JISC FLAME Project
Quanxi 2 is now available
Forthcoming and past events

RSC Event for RSC London and Eastern (Free)
http://www.rsc-london.ac.uk/1299/
FAM - Reviewing Progress
Online Event

27th January 2009

14.00 - 15.30

Overview

The JISC Access Management Transition Programme ushered in the new federated
access management regime through the UK Access Management federation on 1st
August 2008. The focus of this online meeting is to review progress made so
far with using federated access management by creating the forum where
learning providers and service providers can share their experiences. There
will be keynotes from the JISC and the UK Access Management federation. The
session is expected to be very interractive allowing for a free flow of
questions and answers.

Target audience

This online briefing is aimed at learning resources, technical and management
staff responsible for implementing and supporting access management
strategies and technologies in their institutions.

Programme

13.50 - Enter Session

14.00 - Welcome - Bernard Aghedo, RSC London

14.05 - Using Wimba's Classroom, Bernard Aghedo

14.10 - Presentation - JISC FAM News & Update

14.25 - Q & A

14.30 - Presentation - UK Federation Services & Update

14.50 - Q & A

15.00 - Regional FAM Survey - Max Norton, RSC London

15.15 - Open discussion

15.25 - Next steps

15.30 - Evaluation & Close

For more information, please contact Bernard Aghedo, email:
[log in to unmask] or Max Norton, email: [log in to unmask]

RSCs - Stimulating and Supporting Innovation in Learning

Keep up to date with e-bytes for free
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/e-bytes.html

Why not try our Eastern Region RSS Feeds for News and Events?
http://www.rsc-eastern.ac.uk/RSC_files/services/rssfeeds.htm

regards
Maryse
************************************
Maryse Fisher
e-Learning Advisor
JISC Regional Support Centre - Eastern
Anglia Ruskin University
CU House
Southernhay,
Basildon,
Essex,  SS14 1EZ
Tel:  01268 273277
Mobile: 07919 392778
Fax: 01268 293145
http://www.rsc-eastern.ac.uk <http://www.rsc-eastern.ac.uk/>

************************************

In 2008 we are celebrating 150 years since our foundation by John
Ruskin.Visit www.anglia.ac.uk/150years for more information.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the above named
recipient(s)only and may be privileged. If they have come to you in
error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show
them to anyone please reply to this e-mail to highlight the error and
then immediately delete the e-mail from your system.

Any opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent the views or opinions of Anglia Ruskin University.

Although measures have been taken to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus we advise that, in keeping with good
computing practice, the recipient should ensure they are actually virus
free.

Please note that this message has been sent over public networks which may
not be a 100% secure communications