ACCORDIA MESSAGE SERVICE

a HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone
Hope you had a very good Xmas!

(especially to those paying by Standing Order)

[if you can possibly convert to Standing Order, please do!
please just send us an Email with "SO Please" in the Subject box
to [log in to unmask] or and we will send you all the details]

We value your support.

. . . and a gentle reminder to those who haven't yet (!)

We need your support!

If you are not already a Member, and you would like to support us,
please just send us an Email with "NEW MEMBER" in the Subject box
to [log in to unmask] or and we will send you all the details

Heroically (in the face of le CreditCrunch and a Pound which is
falling out of sight!)
Membership is still held at 25GBP for another year, 15GBP for students
and retired, Life Rates available

Just to spur on the financially-minded (!), Members get approx. 25%
discount off ALL our publications (incl. Offers), and a free copy of
our periodical, Accordia Research Papers (ARP)

EVENTS 2009

The next ACCORDIA Lecture will be

Tues Jan 13th 2009

The city of Rome as Imperial Capital

Dr John Patterson, Magdalene College, Cambridge

Joint Lecture with the Institute of Classical Studies
Room N336 North Block, Senate House, London WC1

@ 17.30

reminders for your Diary - ACCORDIA Lectures still to come -

FEBRUARY
TUESDAY February 17th
Upland settlement archaeology in the hinterland of Sibaris
The Raganello Project
Dr Peter Attema, University of Gröningen, Netherlands
Joint Lecture with the Institute of Archaeology,
Room G6, Gordon Square, London WC1

MARCH
TUESDAY March 3rd
Interactions and identities
Burial and élite society in archaic Sicily
Dr Gillian Shepherd, University of Birmingham
Joint Lecture with the Institute of Classical Studies
Room 336 North Block, Senate House, London WC1

MAY
TUESDAY May 5th
Who ‘owns’ the Euphronios Krater?
nationalism and internationalism
in the protection of archaeological heritage
Dr Marina Papa Sokal, University College London
Joint Lecture with the Institute of Archaeology,
Room G6, Gordon Square, London WC1

ACCORDIA RESEARCH SEMINARS

ADVANCE NOTICE

There will be a new series of
Accordia Research Seminars
entitled

The Archaeology of Death: new data, new approaches

Keep the following dates free in your diary:

[all Tuesdays @ 17.15; locations as marked]
speakers and titles will follow very shortly

March 31					Room 410 IoA

April 7					Room 410 IoA

April 28					Room 410 IoA

May 12					NG14 Senate House