Graham Balin wrote:
> Good clip Jel.
>
> How's things with you - I hear it has been a tad chilly up your way?
> Enjoying the skiing?

Things are good.  We have had somewhat of a tricky year with an
ex-colleague.  But we have recruited 2 new docs (3 actually but 3rd not
started yet).  All from out-of-country (Aus, Irish and Brit).  We are
looking for a Scot next ;-)

What's wrong with the Welsh I hear you cry?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaWX1cc8xNk&feature=related

might explain some of that ;-)

(seriously though - the year was hard and took quite a toll on us and
the kids - loads of stress, closely involved with (and supported in our
position by) the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC (read GMC) -
we have spent the last 6 months crawling out from under the weight of
it.   The upside is that we are now managing to build a more sustainable
and much more supportive medical community in the village/town).  The
downside is that our ex-colleague is still taking shots when the
opportunity arises).

As to what we are up to

http://flickr.com/photos/jelcoward

New Year with the kids - youngest (2) first time on skis  'look Papa, I
skiing!' was his repeated command.

Maisy, 5 was out on her skis for her first day this year - I turned
around and she was doing 'french fry' (read parallel) turns.  'Who
taught you those?' I asked.  'No-one I just turned like that and it felt
good'.    Gotta love how kids learn so easily!

It has been cold here - minus 23 in Pemberton.    But warmer again
recently - just a few degrees sub-zero.

Happy New Year to all, wherever you are :)  2009 is looking good for
docs and bad for bankers - how often can we say that?!!

--
Jel
Check out the OSCAR Canada Users Society