Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am building FSL on a 64 bit Mandriva 2008 box. I was surprised to find
> that, althought the box is properly indentified as
> FSLMACHTYPE=linux_64-gcc4.2, fslview is built in 32bit, although other
> binaries (eg fslmerge) are built in 64bit.

How did you build fslview? The FSL build script doesn't build fslview.
This is because of the non-FSL dependencies and my use of CMake. You
need to configure a build directory via CMake.

> This is an issue for me, as some of the libraries required for fslview
> are not packaged by my system in 32bits. Is there a reason for building
> fslview in 32bit only? I am thinking of hacking the build scripts to get
> fslview in 64bit, but before doing so I wanted the feedback of upstream.

Look at my build notes for fslview:
http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslviewbuild/

I don't have to do anything special to get 64bit builds. If you
substitute appropriate library locations in the config stage, e.g.,
QTDIR=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3, then CMake knows that your target is 64bit and
you end up with the appropriate build.

--
Dave Flitney, IT Manager
Oxford Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain