Where is film today?
In the process of beginning to  organise a Film-Philosophy special edition on
Baudrillard and Film (do email me  if interested) I was considering
Baudrillard’s suggestion that slowly but surely  the collective nature of the
experience of film – in the cinema itself - is  diminishing. Apparently this loses a
film audience the possibility of a  symbolic, Durkheimian dimension of ‘
collective effervescence’. Is this the case?  What are the implications of this move
from a collective to singular audience?  And given the growth of visual
technologies, can we question, and does it even  make sense to ask ‘where is film
today’?
Cheers,
Jon

*