Hi Michael
I like your idea that common sense can be dangerous.

But, is it more complicated than that?
- eg: on my blog I recently argued that clinical decisions about "electronic cigarettes" should not be based on common sense (ie agreeing with you; http://tinyurl.com/5gzv4p , you may need to login to see comments).
- but, on the other hand, I've also recently argued that common sense can be useful http://tinyurl.com/8zybr7
  [from Eccles and Sanu, Rhinology 2008 http://www.rhinologyjournal.com/article/view_abstract.php?mgzn_id=148&rtcl_id=811  ]

So, I've either undermined my previous argument, or common sense can be both useful and dangerous. What do you think? Should I change my thinking?

best wishes
Annabel

Dr Annabel Bentley | Assistant Medical Director | Group Medical

Bupa, 15-19 Bloomsbury Way, London WC1A 2BA
T: 020 7656 2069 | F: 020 7656 2708

www.linkedin.com/in/annabelbentley