Dear members,

This is a message from one of the European-sociologist list managers. I'd like to remind all of you that the list is intended as a tool facilitating cooperation and discussion in European sociology. See http://www.europeansociology.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=36

We've seen quite some postings in the past weeks discussing an academic boycott. As these messages concerned academic matters, I felt there was no need to close or moderate the list. But lately the messages sent to the list seem to get less and less connected to research and teaching in sociology. So this is a gentle reminder to all of you of the purpose of the list. There are plenty of opportunities to discuss politics and matters not related to European sociology elsewhere on the internet.

Best regards,

Rene Bekkers
European-sociologist list manager