Dear David, thanks for your response. I'm relieved you gave that
clarification and hope that you would indeed be willing to engage with
those with opposing views .

I would like to make clear that I respect your right to take this
action. However, in my view both Israel and the Palestinians have
acted immorally and failed to live up to their past agreements and so
it would be unfair to single out the former. The present crisis partly
stems from  Israeli paranoia at being shunned by the international
community and having to fend for itself as itself. You can argue as
much as you wish as to how rational this perspective is (and the
debate proportionality and the best way to handle bobbie trapped
targets) as much as you wish but you won't change the fact that if
Western governments took your approach the conflict would intensify
inexorably . The only thing standing in the way of a much broader war
with the soon to be nuclear Iran is the prospect of President Obama's
enhanced diplomacy in the region.

Clive