I'd like to express disagreement with this change.

'Moderation' in this context is a weasel word.   It is a form of censorship
and so unavoidably will lead to an ignoring of some points of views.

What criteria, for example, will be used in refusal to allow some messages??

It is inevitable that there will be messages that are seen as inflammatory.
But members have already shown that  they can deal with such messages -
usually by ignoring the inflammatory components.

Ray Thomas, Faculty of social Sciences, Open University