It's great that this discussion is taking place.

Having both taught and worked as an artist in schools, I can see that there is a danger of even the best intentioned initiative becoming an excercise in ticking boxes for the funding provider. The important thing is to bear in mind at all times that the initiative is first and foremost for the benefit of the children and teachers involved, and those to whom the results might be rolled out.

Perhaps the next initiative we need is for teachers to replace their paperwork with sketchbooks :-)

Michelle